REMEDIATION SUPPORT SERVICES: Performance ModelingState-of-the-art visualization and modeling tools.
Working with a group of international experts, our experience extends to the use and development of specialized visualization and modeling tools that accurately estimate subsurface conditions, minimizing risk and optimizing site management.
Using state-of-the-art off-the-shelf or custom-built visualization and modeling tools, we can:
- Review the Conceptual Site Model (CSM).
- Predict the risk reduction for various remedial approaches.
- Recommend the optimal site management approach.
Performance Modeling Services can include:
- CSM review, including geology, hydrogeology, NAPL source zone extent and architecture, and rates of source depletion or chemical degradation.
- Documenting supporting lines of evidence for Monitored Natural Attenuation (MNA).
- Mass flux / mass discharge analysis for source prioritization, and to facilitate the prediction of risk reduction and remediation timeframe.
- Modeling the influence of back-diffusion on the attainability of remedial goals and timeframes.
To evaluate remedial scenarios, we leverage off-the-shelf software programs such as:
To display these results, we use visualization programs such as:
- EVS for 3-D
Custom Modeling Tools
In addition to these off-the-shelf products, we incorporate simple and sophisticated modeling tools to simulate oxidation, reduction, and cometabolic degradation.
- Inverse Rate Models